EEO REPORT 2012
5 Star Communications EEO-Policy
1. General Policy: 5 Star Communications/KVHT-KVTK Radio stations will afford equal employment opportunity in all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or sex. 5 Star Communications/KVHT-KVTK Radio stations has adopted an EEO program which is designed to fully utilize the skills of qualified persons.
2. Responsibility for implementation Jeff Fuller who is the President and owner of 5 Star Communications Inc. is responsible for implementing KVHT-KVTK’s EEO program
3. 5 Star Communications Inc. will use the following recruitment sources to alert potential employees when jobs are available at KVHT- KVTK Radio • KVHT/KVTK Radio advertising 210 West 3rd Street Yankton South Dakota 57078 (605) 665-2600
• University of South Dakota Communications Department 414 East Clark Street Vermillion South Dakota 57078
• Native American Studies Department University of South Dakota 414 East Clark Street Vermillion South Dakota 57078
• Mt. Marty College 1105 West 8th Street Yankton South Dakota 57078
• South Dakota Career Center 3113 Spruce Street, Suite 124 Yankton South Dakota 57078
4. Recruitment sources and other techniques that 5 Star Communications Inc. will utilize to attract qualified job applicants include: • We will maintain a paid membership to the South Dakota Broadcasters Association to have access to employment bank, and have the ability to post job openings at KVHT-KVTK Radio Stations • We will maintain a relationship with the University of South Dakota Mass Communications Department in order to have access to the department to post job openings and internships • We will maintain a relationship with The Native American Studies Department at the University of South Dakota in order to post job openings or internships • We will maintain a relationship with the Public Relations Director at Mt. Marty College in Yankton South Dakota in order to post job openings and internships at KVHT-KVTK Radio Stations • We will maintain a relationship with South Dakota Career Center in order to post job openings. • We will maintain a relationship with Yankton & Vermillion High Schools, as well as other High schools in the listening area including giving tours to students, offer internships, and invite schools to send interested individuals to our stations to be on the air during a program we call Class Days. • We will air 30-second messages on KVHT-KVTK Radio stations telling potential qualified applicants of jobs that are available. The content of said messages is as follows: From time to time, KVHT/KVTK Radio Stations have openings for employment. If your organization would like to be informed about job openings at KVHT/KVTK Radio please contact us at 605-665-2600 or by e-mail at kvhtradio.com and we will send you information on all openings when they become available.
KVHT/KVTK Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer It is the policy of 5 Star Communications Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or sex.
Location: 210 West 3rd Street, Downtown Yankton SD605-665-2600